Thursday 6 June 2013

Overcoming Bloggers Block... and So It Begins

Dear potential readers

Today Scott loves: Blogging!

For quite a wee while now the words, ' that would make a great blog entry' have been rattling off the walls of my brain, usually when I'm procrastinating about hanging up washing or daydreaming on my way to work. So I decided to go for it, they say a blog should be written the way you speak, so please do excuse me if I come across terribly uncouth and colloquial...I'm kidding! 

I thought I should tell you all a little about myself before I start rambling on anyway. I am a youngish man who lives in the Scottish Borders, where I have not long since completed a degree in Textile and Fashion Design Management. Passions of mine include fashion - especially heritage brands and up-cycling/ Eco-chic labels and anything which is timeless. 

I'm a bit of a retro fiend in some respects, the only sewing machine I own is from 120 years ago (a converted Victorian treadle operated singer) not ideal for someones livelihood could/ should depend on efficient modern sewing techniques but I am a sucker for punishment. I like things that are old or have a story, would rather shop for furniture at antiques shops than Ikea although a fusion of old and new can be good too. I also like crafting bits and pieces of my own for the house. I may own a sewing machine but I've also been seen wielding power tools... All stand clear!


My humble sewing machine

Well I figure that's the basics addressed and now I can do this whole blogging thing and reveal terribly interesting aspects of my life and all that inspires in small snippets sharing all of the creative, fashionable and cultural things I love. 

Until next time,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment